Carer of the Year
This award recognises the outstanding contributions of a carer for an Aboriginal child or young person.
Sponsored by the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian.
- Why do you think this person should be nominated for Carer of the Year?
- How has this carer demonstrated their commitment to supporting Aboriginal children to thrive, and to stay connected to their family, community and culture? Provide examples.
- What has been the impact of their efforts and actions for children and families?
Nominations have now closed.
BY NOMINATING, YOU AGREE WITH THE CONDITIONS AND CRITERIA LISTED BELOW:
- Nominees may be non-Aboriginal, however, the children they care for must be an Aboriginal child or young person
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
- AbSec employees are not eligible to vote or be nominated
- AbSec Youth Ambassadors are not eligible to vote
- An individual may not win an Award in more than one category in one year. If a nominee ranks in the first position across multiple Award categories, the AbSec Judging Panel will select the most relevant category for that nominee to win the Award for.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously
- No weight is given to the number of times a person is nominated
- 2 x referees are required to verify nominees information
- Finalists will be required to be interviewed and photograph to be used on our website and social media
- Aboriginality of the child or young person in the care of nominee be confirmed when completing online nomination