Community Member of the Year
This award recognises the contributions of an Aboriginal person to the welfare and wellbeing of Aboriginal families and their community. Awarded to an Aboriginal community member that has demonstrated outstanding commitment to and positive impact on the wellbeing of families and communities.
- Why do you think this person should be nominated for Community Member of the Year?
- How has this community member demonstrated their commitment to the wellbeing of Aboriginal families? Provide examples.
- What has been the impact of their efforts and actions for Aboriginal families?
- Is there a current or future project this community member is involved in, that further demonstrates commitment to, and positive impact on, the wellbeing of Aboriginal families and communities? If yes, please describe.
Nominations have now closed.
BY NOMINATING, YOU AGREE WITH THE CONDITIONS AND CRITERIA LISTED BELOW:
- Individual nominees must be Aboriginal, that being:
- Be of Aboriginal descent
- Identify as an Aboriginal person
- Be accepted as an Aboriginal by an Aboriginal community
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
- AbSec employees are not eligible to nominate or be nominated
- AbSec Youth Ambassadors are not eligible to vote
- An individual may not win an Award in more than one category in one year. If a nominee ranks in the first position across multiple Award categories, the AbSec judging panel will select the most relevant category for that nominee to win the Award for.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously
- No weight is given to the number of times a person is nominated
- Two referees are required to verify/support the information of nominees
- Finalists will be required to be interviewed and photograph to be used on our website and social media
- Aboriginality to be confirmed when completing online nomination of nominee