Emerging Issues Forums
HAVE YOUR SAY ON THE ISSUES FACING YOUR COMMUNITY
Throughout the months of February and March 2020, AbSec will host several District & Community Forums around the state. We want to share our work and current priorities, and to gather your views on some of the key issues and trends that are happening in your community.
The forums are a wonderful opportunity to keep up-to-date on AbSec initiatives and for you to tell us about your challenges and issues so that we can help support your community at the local level.
What will be discussed?
- What are some of the programs and initiatives that exist in your community?
- What are the challenges you face in your community?
- How can we keep our children safe and thriving in culture and maintain connections to family and community?
- What is working well and how can we strengthen Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations?
Talk to us at a forum
We are ready to listen to your views and broad perspectives. Come along to a forum in your area to have your say.
|Kempsey||Tue 18 Feb 2020||2pm–3.30pm||Kempsey Macleay RSL Club
1 York Ln Kempsey 2440
|Newcastle||Wed 19 Feb 2020||2pm–3.30pm||Yamuloong
71 Prospect Road Garden Suburb 2289
|Nowra||Fri 21 Feb 2020||2pm–3.30pm||Worrigee Sports Club
131 Greenwell Point Road Worrigee 2540
|Walgett||Thu 27 Feb 2020||2pm–3.30pm||Walgett Sporting Club
Fox St & Monkella Street Walgett 2832
|Menindee||Tue 3 Mar 2020||2pm–3.30pm||Menindee Central School
Menindee Street Menindee 2879
|Wagga Wagga||Wed 11 Mar 2020||9am–1.30pm||The International Hotel
2 Lake Albert Road Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
|Dubbo||Fri 13 Mar 2020||2pm–3.30pm||Club Dubbo
Whylandra St (Newell Highway) West Dubbo 2830
Please note, a community workshop on the Aboriginal Child and Family Outcomes Framework will proceed the forums, from 9.00am – 1.30pm. Read more about the Aboriginal Child and Family Outcomes Framework.
Who should attend?
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations
- Community members
- Non-Government Organisations
- Aboriginal workers