AbSec Learning and Development Centre (LDC) offers accredited courses in child and family welfare, disability services, governance and leadership. It’s the first facility of its kind in NSW: a registered training organisation owned and managed by Aboriginal people, offering specialised training for people working with Aboriginal children, families and organisations.
The disability and child protection sectors are growing, and the need for capable and confident workers is ongoing. These are challenging areas to work in, though the ability to make a meaningful impact is hugely rewarding.
AbSec LDC has a number of cutting-edge benefits to offer students:
- Accredited courses developed especially for Aboriginal workers, or people working with Aboriginal communities
- Ongoing cultural support and mentoring throughout your course
- Opportunities to advance your qualification to a degree through our partnership with Southern Cross University
- Small class sizes, guaranteeing the attention of your trainer
- The chance to learn skills in their cultural context
- Self-paced, flexible study options
- An opportunity to network with people who share your commitment to the Aboriginal community
- Courses delivered both remotely and on-site at various locations around NSW
To find out more about advancing your career with AbSec LDC, visit the website or sign up to our regular email updates below.